Occupational Health Consultants perform onsite vision screenings. Employees with impaired vision can be a major hazard in the workplace not only to themselves, but also to fellow staff and property.
The aim of an occupational vision screen is to identify the employees with a visual impairment.
A vision screen is a quick assessment of a persons visual health and takes approximately 7 to 10 minutes to complete in which we examine for the following:-
- Visual acuity (how well a person is able to see usually whilst wearing their prescription eyewear)
- Ocular muscle function
- Colour vision
- Ocular health (screening for any signs or eye disease)
A vision screening program is recommended every two years and carries benefits the following benefits:-
- Reduce injury potential to staff and property
- Improve productivity by reducing fatigue and headaches
- Worker compensation and property claim reduction, assisting to minimize insurance premiums
- Improved productivity in the workplace