As a provider of health services to leading Australian and international companies, Occupational Health Consultants puts resources and expertise in action to meet the needs of your workplace health and hygiene requirements
- Occupational Health Consultants deliver occupational professionals right to you door step
- All of our onsite monitoring services are performed in accordance with relevant Australian and international standards
- Occupational Health Consultants service companies throughout most Queensland and national & international capital cities
A hearing test is the only method of observing if a person is being exposed to excessive noise, and more importantly, the only scientific method to detect signs of hearing loss in the early stages before it becomes a problem.
An Occupational Health Consultants hearing test will:
- Determine the ability of a person’s hearing
- Educate and train people on the wearing of hearing protection
- Evaluate the people with a hearing loss
- Provide management detailed reports with individual results and a statistical summaries of overall results
- Notify employees with a letter informing them of their results and any recommendations for further testing, where necessary
Onsite audiometric testing is performed inside one of our mobile, soundproofed, air-conditioned testing suites. Each examination takes approximately 10 to 12 minutes per person depending on consultation time. Long consultation can be allocated where further training and one-on-one appointments are required
Lung function testing is the most common investigation used to identify and monitor respiratory disease. Put simply, this test looks at how effectively and quickly a persons lungs can be emptied and filled. Measurements yielded from a persons breathing ability are assessed to determine the general lung health of a person, and if further medical diagnosis is necessary.
The main parameters measured include:
- Forced vital capacity (FVC) – This measures the amount of air a person can exhale after they have completely inhaled
- Forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1) – This measures the amount of air a person can exhale in the first second of a full forced expiration
- Forced expiratory flow (FEF 25% to 75%) – This measures the airflow halfway through an exhalation These values form the basis in determining general lung health of peeple likely exposed to occupational hazards such as silica, metal fume, isocyanates, wood dusts, etc.
Vision eye screening is a quick assessment of a person’s visual health. The major aim of an occupational vision screen is to detect employees who do not know they have a visual impairment.
What does Vision Eye Screening Test for?
- Visual Acuity – How well a person is able to see, usually while wearing their current spectacleprescription, if applicable.
- Ocular Muscle Function – Test for eye co-ordination.
- Colour Vision – The ability to recognize colours
- Depth Perception – A person’s perception and judgment of three dimensional space around them.
- Ocular Health – Relates to the screening of any signs of eye disease or ocular pathologies. This includes age related changes such as cataracts or sun spots.
Occupational Noise Assessments & Monitoring
A noise survey is performed to identify wether a workplace presents excessive noise levels outside prescribed regulatory limits. Occupational Health Consultants can provide noise mapping, dosimeter and sound level testing, identification of correct hearing protection, allocation of hearing protection signage, requirements and recommendations on engineering and noise control measures. OH Consultants will work with management to find solutions that are practical so noise control strategies are tailored towards a client’s specific needs.
Air Quality Testing
Air quality testing is performed to quantify levels of airborne contaminants present within a given workplace atmosphere. Exposure levels for contaminants can be measured both in indoor and outdoor environments, wherever a person may come into contact with potentially hazardous substances. Air monitoring provides a workplace with recommendations on where to minimise and manage air quality issues.